Friday, December 30, 2011

Thanks for the memories 2011. ♥


So I can assume that, that little passage on top sums up pretty much everyone's year to some degree and in my case that's my 2011 in a nutshell. This year has gone by so fast, so much has happened and sadly I can't recall all the moments in between. I hate to sound like a cliché but it seemed like yesterday that it was January 1st 2011 and I was ready to tackle the new year! Full of new resolutions, dreams and hopes but as I've learnt at the end of each New Years Eve; Nothing goes to plan because that's life.
Life is NEVER perfect and that's okay!

2011, may have been one of my roughest years yet as a main chapter of my life finished. Completing my VCE and entering the big scary world welcomed me to many hardships with new responsibilities that hadn't occurred to me before. I broke down many times throughout the year due to various reasons and at those times I wished so hard that 2011 would just end so I could start fresh in 2012, but it's always going to happen.
Because that's life and shit happens; people will let you down, hearts break, failures will occur and you will feel sad but you are "braver than you believe, stronger than you seem and smarter than you think" and this year is only just a chapter in your book! Yea this year may have brought heaps of tears but it also taught me many things about friendship, life and most importantly me! 

 As another new year approaches and we all stop to reflect on the year; please don't say/think
" Goodbye 2011! Good Riddance!" - instead be grateful for this year because I'm sure we have all grown so much this year and as the years pass I'm sure we will become nostalgic of the events we experienced in 2011.

" Never say goodbye because saying goodbye means going away and going away means forgetting " - Peter Pan



So when the countdown reaches zero and we enter a new year tonight, I hope we all leave 2011 with fond memories rather than negativity and I wish everyone another beautiful new year with the hopes you allow 2012 to fill you with joyous memories!

Take care! Lets end and begin another year with a smile!
 Happy New Year! ♥♥♥



p.s. I'm not making new year resolutions this year... haha because I never seem to keep them (: rather I'll just see where 2012 takes me! *cough terrible excuse!



5 comments:

  1. Definitely how I feel too!
    2011 was such a hard year for me, and the amount of times I just wished that 2012 would just come so I could restart everything! But eesh, I'm going to try my best to leave this year with the positive things that happened rather than the negative :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this post. You have a good outlook and I don't like reading things about how awful someones year is. I believe that no matter what happens, it's how you deal with it that reflects how your year, month, whatever, will be. You're right, shit does happen and it sucks but we've got friends and family to vent and help us! :) I never make resolutions but I actually did this year and I've already accomplished my biggest. I feel like the upcoming year is going to be great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on accomplishing your resolution and I'm sure 2012 will be just as great as this year if not better! I definitely agree, at times I do feel down and I want to just sit there in my self pity but then I decide that I have a choice in how it affects me.

    Have a happy new year!!! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad you choose to take all the harsh events of 2011 as a positive thing (: because these things develop who we are and help us grow so much!
    Happy New Year!! (: Have a blast in 2012! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. MelissahoepeiyingDecember 31, 2011 3:05 PM

    Happy new year t you too!! (:

    http://xdirtylittlesecret.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete